WITH ZAHARA TOURS
Travel is the world’s largest industry and one that does a lot of good for a lot of people in the world. It employs as much as 15% of country’s populations. This also means people can support themselves and their family by looking after guests from different countries.
As a Destination Management Company in Oman since 1971, we at Zahara Tours have a responsibility towards protecting the environment, local communities, partners, employees and our valued customers. Therefore, we strive to undertake to maintain a sustainable operational process by including social, environmental, ethical and economic considerations in our business decisions and practices.
To be Oman’s most trusted tourism services provider.
To provide our team with a motivating working environment which empowers them to provide Service Excellence.
We have a set of 5 core values that guide us in everything we do. We use these values to formulate our strategies and direct our business decisions, and we expect every employee to embrace and embody these values throughout the course of business every day.
Taking decisions and acting in a way that is fair, honest and transparent. Following the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct.
Building relationships based on trust and respect, by investing in the growth of our people and partners and delivering value to society.
Being relentless and passionate in our pursuit to achieve the highest standards of quality and continuously striving to improve on our best.
Wholeheartedly working towards achieving the best, to ensure delivery of value to customers and stakeholders.
Customers are the final judges and decide the success or failure of a product or service. Thus, each decision and action, we take, is oriented towards how we can best serve our customers.
Sustainable and responsible tourism is a core principle to Zahara Tours, as such we strive to make a positive impact wherever we travel. We believe that travel and tourism can protect natural habitat and the environment while improving livelihoods through the economic opportunities created. We are dedicated towards:
- Reducing our use of disposable and consumer goods and recycling waste, whenever possible.
- Designing our trips in a way that limits the physical impact on our planet and the places we visit.
- Protecting the environment and using resources in an efficient, fair and responsible way.
- Conserving our resources, particularly water and electricity to the best possible extent.
- Implementing sustainable purchasing policies.
- Working with others who share a similar sustainable mind-set.
- Encouraging our partners and employees to think and work in a sustainable and responsible manner.
- Respecting our surroundings wherever we travel.
- Ensuring that our employees are treated with respect and remunerated fairly.
- Support local community projects/initiatives that promote environmental protection, conservation or cultural heritage.
Promising action: sustainable tourism supply chain
For our tourism activities we try to achieve a tourism supply chain that is fully sustainable, firsthand by development own sustainable travel products and from a more general perspective by ensuring the enforcement of the following practices:
Identify and offer the most sustainable travel solution when selecting transport options to/from and in the destination, considering price, comfort and practicality.
- Prefer accommodations that employ members of the local community.
- Preferably select partner accommodations that comply with sustainability and quality standards, have a signed sustainability contract (certificate) and/or conduct CSR activities or are locally engaged.
- Encourage accommodations to follow best practices/trainings on responsible tourism, e.g. by offering incentives and to become sustainably certified; giving preference to accommodations that work with internationally acknowledged.
- Work with accommodations and restaurants that incorporate elements of local art, architecture or cultural heritage, while respecting the intellectual property rights of local communities.
Excursions and other local activities
- Not offer any excursions that harm humans, animals, plants, natural resources such as water & energy or being socially/culturally unacceptable.
- Not involved with companies that harvest, consume, display, sell or trade wildlife species and not offering any excursions in which wildlife is held captive, except for properly regulated activities in compliance with local, national and international law.
- Have skilled and/or locally specialized/certified guides to guide our guests in sensitive cultural sites, heritage sites or ecologically sensitive destinations.
- Advise guests on behavior standards during excursions and activities with a focus on respecting the local culture, nature and environment.
- Promote excursions and activities to our guests which directly involve and support local communities by purchasing traditional crafts and local (food) production methods or visiting social projects.
- Promote excursions and activities to our guests which support local environment and biodiversity such as visiting protected areas or environmental protection projects.
- This policy will apply for all our tours and excursions. All employees and supplier partners are fully expected to uphold objectives under this policy.
- We acknowledge we have limited influence over third parties, but nevertheless, we shall educate them to align operating practices with policy objectives.
- We commit to strive for quality services and environment for our employees, suppliers and guests.
All Rights Reserved © The Zahara Tours